Membership in CNYSHP is coordinated through our parent organization, the New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists in Albany. When registering, please make sure that you designate the “Central Chapter” (CNYSHP) as your primary chapter. NYSCHP will then forward your information to us. If you have any questions, feel free to email us by CLICKING HERE.
To Become a Member or Renew your Membership, CLICK HERE
NYSCHP/CNYSHP Membership is available in a number of categories:
Active Member Types
|Active licensed pharmacists||$230|
Joint Member Primary
|Spousal Rate — Joint Member Primary pays regular Pharmacy Member dues of $230. The Joint Member Secondary pays a reduced rate of $100||$230/$100|
|For pharmacists who would like to experience the benefits of a NYSCHP membership at a discount for their first year. It is only available to those who have not been a NYSCHP member for the past three years.||$100|
|For retired pharmacists.||$110|
Associate Member Types:
|For those who contribute through a company pharmacy practice.||$225|
|Pharmacy students actively engaged in their Residency||$50|
|Students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate pharmacy program in an accredited college of pharmacy||$20|
P1-4 Year Pharmacy Student Discount
|Discounted rate for students who register for 4 years.||$50|
|For technical personnel in their first post-year graduation to experience the benefits of a NYSCHP membership at a one year discounted dues amount||$25|
To Become a Member or Renew your Membership, click here
Frequently Asked Questions about NYSCHP
1. What are the benefits of being a member the New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists (NYSCHP)?
As a member of NYSCHP, there are a number of benefits for you. NYSCHP offers:
- A network of Pharmacists and other like professionals across New York State that can provide you with networking opportunities, career growth and opportunities to enhance your clinical and leadership skills.
- Subscription to the Journal of Pharmacy Practice, on line Continuing Education, as well as a number of other educational programs through out the year.
- Membership in your local chapter
- Opportunities to participate in advocacy in New York State and access to the current legislative developments.
2. How do I join NYSCHP?
Go to New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists website, www.nyschp.org. Once there; go to the “Membership” tab, then click on “Become a member”, click on individual, click on your desired membership type (P-Pharmacist). Then enter your username :(FirstnameLastname), password: NYSCHP. You may also want to print out a copy of this transaction or payment receipt for your records.
3. How do I renew my NYSCHP membership?
On the New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists website, (www.nyschp.org) select member’s login in Enter your user name [(FirstnameLastname), password: NYSCHP or your password if you have changed it]. From here, you can view your balance due and renew from there.
4. What is the NYSCHP yearly membership cycle?
All membership are active for 1 year from date of payment. Example: Payment posted 6/15/2011, expires 6/14/2012.
5. Does my membership include membership to my local chapter/affiliate?
Yes, all active membership includes 1 primary Chapter affiliate of their choice.
6. How do I obtain my membership log on and password?
Member login is on the right side or at the top of the page, Enter your user name: (FirstnameLastname), password: NYSCHP. You may change your password once you log in.
7. How to I update my profile?
Login in via the Member login, on the right side, just above the Calendar.
8. How do I obtain Continuing Pharmacy Education credits
For instructions on how to obtain your CE credits, click here.
9. How do I refer a member?
- When they complete the on line application, the new member should enter your name in the sponsor section.
- The Council Office is available to assist Monday- Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, 518-456-8819.
- Applications can also be obtained from the Council office by emailing email@example.com.
10. What are the membership categories and dues?
There are a number of membership categories available.
- Pharmacists: Active member or Active Pledge 1 (graduate in the last 12 months) Active Pledge 2 (graduated in the last 13-24 months. Joint Member for husband/wife membership, and retired memberships.
- For non pharmacists: Supporting memberships are available for those who contribute to pharmacy practice.
- For Pharmacy students, residents, or technicians there are 1 year memberships also.
11. What publications does NYSCHP offer to members?
The Journal of Pharmacy Practice is mailed out to members every other month. This contains articles with CE associated with them. NYSCHP news brief e-mailed monthly and also posted on the website.
12. How can I get more involved with NYSCHP as a volunteer?
Contact your chapter president or other board member, OR reaching out to the NYSCHP office or NYSCHP representive at a local meeting.